Reports from the opening of the new Pixar / Disney film, Cars 2 reveals it as a box office hit – with ticket sales of $68 million and an appeal for families with children under 12. According to market research firm CinemaScore, those who came disagreed with critics and liked the movie, giving it an average grade of A-minus.
Storyline: Star race car Lightning McQueen and his pal Mater head overseas to compete in the World Grand Prix race. But the road to the championship becomes rocky as Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage. View the trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1822465049/
Starring the voice talent of Larry the Cable Guy, Owen Wilson (as Lightning McQueen), Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer, Eddie Izzard, John Turturro, Brent Musburger and more.
When you go to see it, write us here with Your Review! We’d love to hear what you think!
One more thing…. Disney just released their new Cars 2 Storybook Deluxe App for iPad – to coincide with the movie’s release. In the app, Cars star Lightning McQueen zooms back into action with his best friend Mater by his side as they head to the World Grand Prix races. Readers of the storybook deluxe app will get to:
* Choose between two reading modes that allow you to follow along as the story is read aloud, or to explore each page at your own pace.
* Play exciting games inspired from the movie—test your memory in Tokyo Lights and try your hand at Mater’s Tire Toss.
* Record your voice reading the story and hear it played back as narration.
* Tap characters and objects for animated surprises.
* Also includes 5 coloring pages and 5 interactive jigsaw puzzles for extra
The Cars 2 Storybook Deluxe App is available at the App Store on the iPad or at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cars-2-storybook-deluxe/id445409124?mt=8#.
Before you buy, you might want to check out their demo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSeMCzZAzk