Endorsement & Film Fest Submission
1. KIDS FIRST! Endorsement
Films, DVDs, CDs, Games, Web Series, Apps, Screenplays
1. The KIDS FIRST! endorsement is the most highly respected media evaluation and endorsement program in the U.S. Every endorsed title is juried by a community-based jury comprising adult professionals and children AND meets or exceeds
the KIDS FIRST! criteria. Endorsed titles are given a one-,
two- or three-star rating indicating good, better and best. Every endorsed title is also considered for screening in the KIDS FIRST! Film Festival. All endorsed titles are considered the KIDS FIRST! Best Award, granted twice a year.
TO SUBMIT, GO HERE
2. KIDS FIRST! Film Festival
Films, TV Shows, DVDs
3. The KIDS FIRST! Film Festival showcases new and classic children's films, TV shows and DVDs from studios, independent producers and youth producers. It partners with more than 150 venues nationwide who show films selected for the festival year round.. Accepted titles must meet or exceed
the KIDS FIRST! criteria. All accepted titles are considered the KIDS FIRST! Best Award, granted twice a year.
TO SUBMIT, GO HERE.
3. KIDS FIRST! Recommendation for TV Series
2. The KIDS FIRST! recommendation designation offers an alternative to endorsement for TV series. Whereas endorsement requires evaluation of every episode in the series, " Recommendation" is based on the evaluation of three sample episodes from the same season. Recommended series have been juried by a community-based jury comprising adult professionals and children AND meets or exceeds
the KIDS FIRST! criteria. Recommended series are also given a one-,
two- or three-star rating indicating good, better and best.
TO SUBMIT, GO HERE
4. KIDS FIRST! Best Awards
KIDS FIRST! Best
4. Every title accepted by the KIDS FIRST! Film Festival or given a KIDS FIRST! Endorsement or Recommendation is eligible for a KIDS FIRST! Best Award presented twice a year. KIDS FIRST! Best Awards honor films, DVDs, screenplays, apps and games in 30+ different categories, that exhibit excellence in filmmaking for children and offer pro-social benefits beyond simply entertainment. Student and independent films are judged in their own categories so as to provide them the best opportunity for judging among their peers.
Two thirds of the KIDS FIRST! awards are given to independent and student productions.
KIDS FIRST! Best 2012 Winners
KIDS FIRST! Best 2012 Nominees
KIDS FIRST! Best 2011 Winners
KIDS FIRST! Best 2010 Winners
"We live in a society which is anxious to keep our beaches clean of garbage -- and yet we permit our children to grow up contaminated by the raw sewage which passes for popular culture these days.
In our gardens we plant stripling trees and bind their slim boughs with guide-wires to make sure the branches grow straight and true -- and yet we don't devote equal attention to making sure our boys and girls are guided by the noblest values, virtues, and morals which our society hopes to pass on.
Who will help us nourish our children's hopes and dreams with the excellent films and television programs and musical works which, when wisely selected, have the power to guide and inspire our kids?
The answer is KIDS FIRST!, a truly outstanding organization which stands ready to provide us with the highest quality children's media.
Every year, thousands upon thousands of media products are marketed to our children. KIDS FIRST! devotes countless hours to plucking the gems from the rubble and then generously makes them available to all parents and teachers and decent people who care to be part of the crucial enterprise of raising our children to be good and kind people. The entertaining and wholesome films and shows and music they offer in their nation-wide Film Festivals are imbued with the very values we hope our children will come to adopt as they mature into young men and women.
The task of raising decent children in an indecent world is daunting. We need all the help we can get. Thanks to KIDS FIRST! and the Coalition for Quality Children's Media, we have knowledgeable partners at our side to help us lift our children's dreams and aspirations far higher than the 'lowest common denominator' which our increasingly coarsened culture seems ready to settle for.
As long as parents yearn to raise their kids with a vision of society which is inspiring rather than dispiriting, then KIDS FIRST! will always be there to offer it's vision and guidance. They deserve our respect, our gratitude, and our generous financial support."--- Frederick Ayeroff (writer of Soccer Mom and Ace of Hearts) September 27, 2008
"I have worked with KIDS FIRST! for nearly three years. They have done a fantastic job of leveraging our sponsorship dollars and tremendously over-delivering. We find the exposure garnered from this program to be a valuable piece of our marketing plan." Kim Leibowitz, Marketing Director for Animal Planet Media and Discovery Kids Media